May 17th marks the beginning of National Smile Month, organised by the Oral Health Foundation, the month aims to raise awareness of important health issues and promote good oral health. We all want a perfect smile so here are the top tips to improve your oral health.
- Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day – brushing daily removes plaque.
- Start interdental cleaning – cleaning between your teeth loosens bacteria and food debris.
- Spit don’t rinse – rinsing your mouth out washes away fluoride which helps protect teeth.
- Use a fluoride mouthwash – it can stop plaque from building up and clears the mouth of debris.
- Watch what you eat – it is important to maintain a healthy balanced diet and reduce sugary foods.
- It’s never too early or too late to make a positive change and improve your oral health.